“I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion.” – Rachel Platten, Fight Song.
It’s the first of the year and I’m settling both into my new home and into the new website. So much has changed over the past year. Past five years really.
Ever since I came back from England, there’s been a quiet unraveling. A silent revolution working it’s way through all my previously conceived notions. My once tried and true beliefs.
I’ve changed, and I continue to do so from one second straight on to the next. Which was undoubtedly always true, but that trip to England in ’09 set things in motion I would have never imagined. 2015’s highlights were particularly interesting…
- I met a man named Dwight Higgins. He is the owner of Elite K-9 Work Dogs and is the best working dog trainer on the island. After several shop-talks, in which he admitted he would soon be leaving for Australia indefinitely, I decided I would stop at nothing until he agreed to teach me everything he knows.
- And he did so…
- I quit my EDJ as a Dolphin Trainer
…and got a dog. Her name is J’ouvert (pronounced ju-vey). She’s a year and 2 month old Belgian Malinois/German Shepherd Mix “Royal Bahamian Potcake”. This picture was taken the first day we met. She was 6 months at the time and a complete handful to her previous owners. She’s without a doubt the best thing that happened to me in 2015…
- I started a mobile dog training service called K-9 Elites
- I started working with De-Nature Photography as a model, photo editor, concept artist and content writer.
- I started branding myself on Instagram
- Including my writing…
- We moved. Again.
And here we are. It’s the first of the year and I am breathing and hoping for 2016 to be a year of continued progress and prosperity.